Re: Clutch Problems?

To: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@blazenet.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Problems?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 02:42:09 -0400
Charlie Baldwin wrote:
> I agree with you guys, though my experience is with a TD. Make sure you
> aren't running with the timing retarded and that the carbs are if
> anything a hair to the rich side.

  Isn't it general automotive wisdom that retarding the timing
makes the car generally run cooler?

  I am thinking of that classic graph of ignition timing versus
power. Power is a round topped trace, with some power peak
at a fairly-advanced-compared-to-normal setting. The heat however
seems to increase along with advance until the timing
doesn't let the car run properly.

  The curve is generally used to choose a compromise between
most power without uncontrollable heat (detonation, piston
meltdown, etc).

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada