Re: Ray Gibbons

To: mowogmg@pil.net, mgbob@juno.com, gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu
Subject: Re: Ray Gibbons
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 01:06:52 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-28 07:53:11 EDT, mowogmg@pil.net (Kai Radicke)
writes:

> I don't know but I know of quite a few teenagers who are interested in the
>  LBC hobby/sport...so I don't think that you have to do anything.

A very true statement.  What turned me on about MG's was the sales pitch used
by  the guy I bought the first one from.  He basically told me that they were
simple cars, only nuts and bolts, and that you could get parts from any of a
number of places.  This, in comparison to my Grandfather's spiel about how
hard American cars were to understand, and that the work should be left to a
qualified mechanic scared me a little.  Now, i see that all cars are just
nuts and bolts.  I guess the charisma of the car itself pulled me in.  When I
first saw that MGB sitting under a pine tree, covered in sap and needles, I
was in love.  The car was just different enough to be mine, but not too off
the wall.  I like the soul of the car, but to my American Muscle car friends,
they don't see it.  I guess it's like being a Priest, you have to be
called...
~Mike Lishego