Ray Gibbons

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Ray Gibbons
From: Glenn Schnittke <schnittke@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 17:21:53 -0500
I have been catching up on reading this last weeks digests and found the
notice.

I've been subscribed to one or another of these lists for what seems like
forever and Ray and his wit and intelligence have always been a part of it.

I did look up the infamous "dremel" thread. How Ray got the moniker, I
don't know, but it's a wonderful exchange. In fact, Scott Fisher made more
references to using a dremel than everyone else on the list combined, but
Ray got it and that's that. And I can't think of a better remembrence of a
great writer and car entusiast than the Golden Dremel Award. If I recall,
at the time the thread started Ray didn't own a dremel.

For anyone who wants a full intro to any of our cars and how the rocket
scientists who started the lists dealt with the problems inherent with
them, I recommend an ftp over to the list archives. woof. For a biologist,
W. Ray Gibbons sure knew his electrics.

Glenn

Never drink from your finger bowl. It only contains water.

Glenn Schnittke                    I'm cured. Leave me alone.
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
schnittke@mindspring.com