Re: Paint codes (was: Black Tulip: More paint questions!)

To: miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: Paint codes (was: Black Tulip: More paint questions!)
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 02:04:00 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-29 01:50:35 EDT, miker15@juno.com writes:

> Sounds like a candidate for a full strip and start again job.....
>  As far as i know there is no paint code on any part of the car but if its
>  BRG under tha dash my bet is that thats how it started! All the codes are
>  in Porter - what year??

You probably won't believe this, but as I fiddled under the dash the other
day, I sent a screwdriver skidding off the metal backing behind the dash - to
reveal the pale (primrose) yellow paint!  God only knows what possesed a
person to paint back there, but hey - anything's possible!  The car is a '74,
BTW.  The strip and start again idea isn't bad.  I always wondered why the
doors hung up on the sills!
~Mike Lishego