Re: Midget Runs, then dies....Continued

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Midget Runs, then dies....Continued
From: "David E. Brown" <debrown@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 00:08:57 +0000
Hello all,
And thank you very much to everyone who sent suggestions!  The problem
is still unsolved, but definitely is electrical in nature. To reiterate:

Turn Key, result: Car will *run* as long as starter is on, that is, key
in the III position.  Turn it back to the II or run position, car dies..
I went through the ignition switch and wiring diagram, but without
success. Fuel system appears to be working normally.  The weather here
has been sunny and 70's and the depression grows daily.  Your further
thoughts regarding this situation are urgently needed to ward off the
dreaded and impending lbc "fits", where I revert to childhood, scream
"why, why?" and (gently, so as not to hurt it) beat on the upolstery.

yours,
Dave

77 Midget 1500- Crane ignition (installed last year, and worked great)