Re: Midget Runs, then dies....Continued

To: byers@cconnect.net (Steve Byers)
Subject: Re: Midget Runs, then dies....Continued
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 20:00:20 -0400
It's a Chrysler ballast resistor, used to replace a defective resistance
wire in the Midget.  I installed one in my Midget a while back.
Apparently, that little trick is no big secret.  It is not, however, the
"stock" resistor.  There really is supposed to be a resistance wire -
You won't find a ballast resistor on the wiring diagram either.  Whoever
put yours in was at least efficient enough to mount it nicely on the
fender.  Mine is just hanging there (I'm not that efficient).

-NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort