Re: Criswell family needs assistance

To: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Subject: Re: Criswell family needs assistance
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 23:40:06 -0500
Wayne, Rick:

That tag was still on Dick's car at the time of his accident. He had only
just applied for plates in Oregon before leaving to meet us in Cache Creek.
He told of the hassle of getting all that paperwork done when I saw him
there.

Surely there was a receipt in his papers with him in the car from getting
the title and the plates so recentlyl. Either that or his brother might
have them...

The stated value for the title transfer may differ from the actual amout
paid for the car. The old title that was being surrendered had to have the
previous owner's name on it, I would think. A VIN  number check in PA would
also show who the owner was.

Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net> knew of Dick's accident before we even
talked to his family. He posted info of the incident to the list on June
22, and didn't post to the list until later than that. If he was a close
friend of Dick's, he may have some idea of where the car came from, or at
least some clues....

Just a thought...

Carol