Re: UPS and LBC parts

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: UPS and LBC parts
From: Craig Wiper <craigw@sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 07:54:17 -0700
Just wanted to let the list know that my fuel pump failed on Monday. I
called Brit-Tek on Tuesday and ordered a new one. Bob said he was going to
wait and see how the UPS strike was faring before shipping the part to me.
I agreed that that was fine, I was in no hurry. I called him yesterday to
add a couple of things to the order assuming that it hadn't been sent yet.
He said he decided to send it off Priority Mail and they told him 7 to 10
days should be anticipated. He told me if it got to me in that time period
that would be great, considering the circumstances.

Well, when I got home yesterday, the new SU fuel pump was waiting for me!
So, it took less than 4 working days to receive the part from New Hampshire
to California. This is not bad at all. In the best of times a normal UPS
shipment takes at least 5 working days from there to here. I'm impressed!!

Craig Wiper
early '74B (w/new fuel pump)

Craig Wiper
craigw@sonic.net