Transmission, Blue TRV instead of Gaskets?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Transmission, Blue TRV instead of Gaskets?
From: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 08:13:42 -0500
As I am ready to kill small cats over the non stop transmission problems
I've been having...

Right after putting in all the gaskets with Blue TRV silicon sealent, I
noticed that the backing plate pin was 90^ off mark with the back half of
the transmission with the remote control.

There is no way around taking it all apart.  There goes my new gasket kit!

When I put this thing back together, AGAIN, can I just use Blue TRV and no
gasket?  Will this hold up against Redline MTL?  Who has done this with
success?  OR is there some other liquid gasket maker I should use if I'm
not going to use a gasket?

--
Jay Quinn - Systems Engineer
jpquinn@cyberramp.net