Opinion on new MG

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Opinion on new MG
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 12:46:24 -0500 (EST)
First I would love to see a new MG come to market and once I finish paying for
the 5 college educations (grad and undergrad) that are now dominating my
budget, I would probably buy.

Now for the controversial part.  In addition to my MG toy, I also ride a
motorcycle. It is of the rice burner variety.  Of course all of my friends who
ride Harleys rag on me all the time.  It's not American "irron".  On trips we
spend more than a fair amount of time along the road (instead of on it) while
they take turns fixing their rides.

Every Japanese motorcycle company offers a Harley knock-off.  They look like
Harleys (actually better finish and quality control), they can be made to sound
like Harleys, they ride and handle better than a Harley, never breakdown and
you can actually go to a dealer and buy a new one without a 18 month wait.
But inspite of all this, they have one serious problem, THEY ARE NOT A HARLEY!

To cut to the chase (and let the flames start)  the car we all want is available
today. The only problem is the MG octagon is nowwhere to be found, it is not
English "irron."  We just can't stomach the fact it is a M***a!