Re: Opinion on new MG

To: boballen@sky.net (Robert Allen)
Subject: Re: Opinion on new MG
From: hert@worldaccess.nl
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 97 08:15:56 GMT
Aan 14-08-97 20:21, in bericht <33F34CAD.1654018@sky.net>, Robert Allen
<boballen@sky.net> schreef:

> So you think if the MGF came over here you would buy one? I wouldn't as the
> price would likely be closer to $30K then $20K. For that much money you could
> own one each of every model MG back to the 'A'. Okay, you could take out a
>note
> and it would be your daily driver -- hell, it would have to be.

Note from the lowlands: a standard F does $30K here (30% is taxes). It is
outsold 20 to 1 by the
Z3 (rough guess). Why? Everybody wants to own a BMW, and Rover/MG have lost
their
appeal years ago.

> --
> Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
> "Lead me not into temptation. I can get there just fine by myslef."

My English not being that good, I looked it up in the dictionary:
"Myslef (n.): rare form of public transport based on dogsleds pulled by
pekinese, used mainly
by owners of old british cars that are crippled (the cars, not the owners) by
transport strikes.
Quote: 'I took a streetcar named desire, and ended up in the myslef to
temptation' (from the
play 'Waiting for Go-kart' by Sam B."

Peter den Hertog, Rotterdam, '74B with a baby chair on the right seat