Re: Does the world need another post about: Opinion on new MG

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Does the world need another post about: Opinion on new MG
From: patrick bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 17:52:50 -0700
I didn't say that the "gumdrop"was bad it just looks like everything else on
the road.You can spot a
B or BGT 2 blocks away,can you do that with most new cars?Remember the cars of
the late 50s early
60s? They were and still are identifible Fords didn't look like Chevies,Chevies
didn't look like
Chryslers etc etc.How many times do you have do go up to a new car and look at
the name to tell what
the hell it is?It seems that todays designers are getting lazy and are all
copying each other.when I
was a tennager I would anxiously wait for October when all the new cars would
come out and all the
new designs it was an exciting time, I would buy Motor Trend with their sneak
previews and go to the
dealers to see the newest cars and wish I could have one.Todays cars are
better, more reliable
safer,etc but they are NOT exciting,except for a few exceptions.Remember the 60
Buick? it was a sled
but what lines!It was a sculpture on wheels! How about the 59 ford flop top box
,We were on the
leading edge of car design and were going to the Moon!It was a great time to be
a car enthusiast.
What we have today are overpriced,over regulated,oversmogged,boring modes of
transportation.
Pat