Re: Does the world need another post about: Opinion on new MG

To: patrick bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Does the world need another post about: Opinion on new MG
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 00:23:49 -0400
patrick bailey wrote:
> and being hands on kinda guys we don't want cars that
> can't be worked on or are no fun to work on

  That's a state of mind. I did as much to my japanese
cars as my british cars.

  It's all in your head. If you refuse to like new
cars, you never will, hey that's fine, no sweat.

  If you refuse to beleive that you can work on new
cars, you never will. That's fine, it's not me that
will have to pay for simple work because you are
afraid of anything made after 1960.

  No worries here. But don't tell ME that I can't
work on my car because it's too complex. I don't
find it complex, and I'm not a genious, I just bought
a Haynes and started going the same as you probably did
as a teenager on your first LBC.

  Maybe someday I'll hit the wall of learning as well,
and refuse to beleive that anything new is
serviceable. Who knows?

> We could do any damn thing we wanted to ,to OUR cars
> today you can't.

  Speak for yourself. No smog checking where I am. I
keep my smog equipment on anyways, but that's my
choice.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada