Re: Does the world need another post about: Opinion on new MG

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Does the world need another post about: Opinion on new MG
From: patrick bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 21:13:16 -0700
>   In the future, I can see them saying "Remember in the
> 90s when cars were cool, they had Supras and MR2s and
> RX-7s and all those great machines?"
>

> --
> Trevor Boicey
> Ottawa, Canada
> tboicey@brit.ca
> http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/

   You are probably right,because the cars of the future will be
electric,hybrid,who knows what and
even more boring and bland.I think maybe the problem is that we are regulated
too much and being
hands on kinda guys we don't want cars that can't be worked on or are no fun to
work on,look at all
the people wanting to put a weber or something but either won't or have to keep
all the original
equiptment to pass smog.We could do any damn thing we wanted to ,to OUR cars
today you can't.
  I predict the day will come where the hood will be sealed and the owner will
not be allowed to
work on his own car! Who would have thought 40 years ago all the rules
regulations imposed on the
driver by the EPA,government,states ad nauseum.I like my rose colored glasses
and they just may be
clearer than you think.
Pat