RE: How much oil in carburetter dampers?

To: boballen@sky.net, "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Subject: RE: How much oil in carburetter dampers?
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 97 19:29:50 UT

-----Original Message-----
From:   Robert Allen
Sent:   Friday, August 29, 1997 1:50 PM
To:     doug russell
Cc:     mgs@autox.team.net

doug russell wrote:

> Now, any comments on what should be used (please, I've already heard how
some
> of you no longer use cat urine cause it's too hard to beat it out of the cat
> without getting scratched)?

You're supposed to beat it out of them? Well I'll be damned. When I had SUs in
the 'C' I would just duct tape them to the under side of the bonnet. The
little
ones fit nicely up into the "Purr Buldge."
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"An expert is nothing more than an ordinary person away from home."

Well of course, even though you may have had the foresight to do a complete
feline shave down, when the duct tape fails, say after 20,000 miles or so,
sufficient hair has grown back.  This makes the inevitable feline to fan blade
contact result is an accumulation of hair balls, and various other feline
bits, in the fresh air and heating vents.  Most inconvenient compared to
picking a few hairs out of the heel of your boots.

Dr. Doug
A bunch of 69 MGs with - what's this - paw prints all over their newly washed
bodies!!!!