Brakes ('77 B)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brakes ('77 B)
From: Kitforshee@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 12:14:09 -0400 (EDT)
     I'm a new member and I haven't owned an MGB before last year.  The car
had less than 40K miles on it and the body was in excellent condition.  The
only problems were that it had been sitting without being driven.  I've
replaced a lot of dry-rotted rubber and had many engine parts rebuilt.  Now,
I'm having problems with the brakes.

Problem:
     I've replaced the brake shoes on the back as well as a leaking oil seal.
 I've also replaced the pads on the front.  I've had the brakes adjusted and
bled several times, and they seem to be all right for a while, but then they
begin to go soft again.  I really hope that it's not the master cylinder, but
I don't know what else to do.  Are there any other possibilities?
     I would also like to know about any other catalogues besides Victoria
British.