Re: Brakes ('77 B)

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, <Kitforshee@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Brakes ('77 B)
From: "JedPiper" <JedPiper@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 09:43:09 -0500
Another source for reasonably priced MGB parts is Motorhead in Fairfax,
VA..  Their catalog (131 pages) is both a diagnostic sourcebook and parts
manual, and is very nicely done.  Motorhead can be reached at:
         Phone:  800-527-3140
         e-mail:  Motorhead@aol.com
         Web:     www.erols.com/mtrhd
They also have an advice line at:  (703) 573-3140

Good luck,
   Jed
76B

----------
> From: Kitforshee@aol.com
> To: mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Brakes ('77 B)
> Date: Thursday, September 04, 1997 11:14 AM
>
>      I'm a new member and I haven't owned an MGB before last year.  The
car
> had less than 40K miles on it and the body was in excellent condition.
The
> only problems were that it had been sitting without being driven.  I've
> replaced a lot of dry-rotted rubber and had many engine parts rebuilt.
Now,
> I'm having problems with the brakes.
>
> Problem:
>      I've replaced the brake shoes on the back as well as a leaking oil
seal.
>  I've also replaced the pads on the front.  I've had the brakes adjusted
and
> bled several times, and they seem to be all right for a while, but then
they
> begin to go soft again.  I really hope that it's not the master cylinder,
but
> I don't know what else to do.  Are there any other possibilities?
>      I would also like to know about any other catalogues besides
Victoria