Re: '69 MGB value for Insurance purposes?

To: britcars@juno.com
Subject: Re: '69 MGB value for Insurance purposes?
From: BDurgin1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 00:22:46 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-05 12:40:52 EDT, britcars@juno.com writes:

> Bruce....
>
>  Don't you want the values of our cars to go up?
>
>  If it costs over $12,000 to restore one from the ground up (and it does;
>  my own GT has over $10,000 in parts and sublet labor in it, so if you
>  counted my time it would ........scare me to even think of a total!) why
>  should the finished product not be worth somewhere close to the amount
>  invested? If my car is ever totalled in a collision, I'd like to think
>  I'd be able to get somewhere near my investment back from the insurance
>  company!
>
>  Lawrie
>  British Sportscar Center

Hey folks!!

Don't take this personally, but there are an awful lot of 68,69, etc MGB's
out there.  I know very well what it costs to restore an MGB.  However, after
the
MK1 cars, the values drop considerably, regardless of the quality of the
restoration. This guy may have sunk his fortune in his and probably had a
great time doing it, but it was for him, not the car's value....

In my opinion, no 68 B is worth $12000.  There are too many of them.

Give me a "hit" of that stuff that being passed around this group.

Bruce Durgin
64 B