Re: British Car Appreciation

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: British Car Appreciation
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 04:22:06 +0000
>>SNIP>>
>   Well, there is always the cheap-convertible crowd, which
> already accounts for probably half of the owners. Even if you
> aren't in love with the mystique, a driving convertible
> car that looks nice for $3000 is going to have some fans,
> maybe only until the first failure though. ;>
>
> --
> Trevor Boicey
> Ottawa, Canada
> tboicey@brit.ca
> http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/

I have to admit that's probably what got me into my MGB.  I didn't
know much about them when I bought it, but I had an insurance check
from my VW Jetta, and saw the B.  I thought, "That's a good-looking
car, it's a convertible, and I won't see one like it at every traffic
light".  The love came later.  My interest is still pretty much
limited to MGAs and MGBs, so I know I haven't been bitten by the bug
as hard as I probably will be, but who cares how I got here, I'm
here!
Scott
Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com