Re: British Car Appreciation

To: Scott Gardner <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Subject: Re: British Car Appreciation
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 1997 01:50:59 -0400
Scott Gardner wrote:
> I believe this to be true as well.  Even though they might not
> appeal to us, there are many cars that were popular during the 80's
> that will be considered unique collector cars to future generations.
> The Twin-turbo Trans Am produced for one year, the short-lived Fiero,
> the RX-7 and the Eclipse are all worthy cars, and already have quite
> a following.

  Add to that the Toyota MR-2, Nissan Sentra SE-R, and so
on. Any car that has an large owners club while it is still new
is pretty much a shoe in to have a good one later on.

> I really don't think the numbers of MG enthusiasts can go anywhere but
> down.

  Well, there is always the cheap-convertible crowd, which
already accounts for probably half of the owners. Even if you
aren't in love with the mystique, a driving convertible
car that looks nice for $3000 is going to have some fans,
maybe only until the first failure though. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada