Re: Article on installing top

To: "Nory" <Nory@webtv.net>, "G Graham" <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>
Subject: Re: Article on installing top
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 20:18:32 -0400
On the Midget top, the frame link on each side in the area you describe is
not flat, but has two bends in it.  The result of this is to apply a
bending moment to the link, especially if the joints are not lubricated
properly.  The bending moments applied over time result in a metal fatigue
crack at the rivets.  I have a spare frame with the link cracked on each
side.
Steve Byers
Havelock, NC
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
'66 BJ8  HBJ8L/36666  "TARHEELY"
'63 BJ7 HBJ7L/20111 ("Resting" the last 10 years)
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool,
than to speak, and remove all doubt."  -- Mark Twain