Re: The truth about wire wheels

To: tbett@tir.com, aramm@concentric.net
Subject: Re: The truth about wire wheels
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 21:30:39 -0400 (EDT)
Terry,

My '73 MGB has wire wheels. I sent them to California (British Wire Wheel)
and had them blasted and trued. Then, I epoxy primed them, sprayed them with
the proper silver paint and finally clear coated them.

I think I paid about $50 per wheel for the professional tuning. I did the
painting myself. I'm not sure I'd go that route again. The paint chips when
you try to adjust a spoke.

Three years later I bought a set of five new chrome wires from Moss. Haven't
had a problem since. The car is driven daily.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget