Re: longest distance?

To: deboer@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: longest distance?
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 20:54:25 -0700
deboer@pacbell.net wrote:

> dresden@star.net wrote:

> > >the Midget that far (with the top down, naturally).  Seems the longest
> > >"trip" anyone of them had made in their car was a tour to the beach
> > >earlier that summer, the mind boggleing distance of 37 miles one way.
> > >

> > OK, here's a new useless thread idea...who's done the longest trip in a
> > BL/BMC made car? (My longest about 1850 miles, between St.Pete FL and
> > Bangor Maine, three times, in a Spitfire,
> snip snip
>  Jarl de Boer

I once drove my Tri**ph Spitfi*e from Ottawa Canada to Miami Florida to
New Orleans, Houston, Pheonix, Los Angeles, Reno, SLC (broke a pushrod
between reno and SLC),up to Windsor Ontario and back to Ottawa.  Dont
know what the milage was but i sure had fun - this was in the 60's.

Longest drive I ever did was not in a LBC but a Mustang - Drove from
Connecticut to Ottawa to Vancouver, Los Angeles, Houston, Mexico City,
and ended up in Guatemala - Sold the Mustang there for what I had paid
for it new 6 months previously!

Rick

74 BGT
61 MGA `1600 Rdstr