RE: Water and Fly Wheels

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Water and Fly Wheels
From: Eric Houkal <erictw@mcs.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 09:30:14 -0500

----------
From:   Frank R. Krajewski[SMTP:FrankK@businesson.com]
Sent:   Sunday, September 21, 1997 12:01 AM
To:     mgs@autox.team.net
Subject:        Water and Fly Wheels

A fellow LBCer recently told me that the water collected in my basement
dehumidifier(Rhode Island) was equivalent to the distilled water that I
use to top off my batteries and to save the expense of purchasing
distilled water I could use the dehumidifier water. Anyone have any
knowledge of this?
Secondly, there are two flywheels available for a friends 1966 MGB
flywheel that we are replacing. One ring gear has 120 teeth and the
other has 127 teeth. Which is the correct ring gear for that vintage
NGB?=20
Frankl Krajewski

    Any time a liquid evaporates and the vapor is subsequently condensed =
it is by definition distilled. The problem with your dehumidifier is =
that immediately upon your distilling the water you collect it in an =
open container thereby immediately un-distilling it. Sort of ;like =
buying distilled water and storing it in a bucket in the garage, I =
guess. For the price of distilled water, it would not make a whole lot =
of sense to devise a proper containment system, but technically if you =
did you could safely put the condensate in your battery.
Eric