Re: True or False

To: dmeadow@juno.com, Nory@webtv.net
Subject: Re: True or False
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 10:04:14 -0500
At 08:11 AM 9/21/97 -0500, David Littlefield wrote:

>Seriously, another little trick I have been doing lately is to use
>disposable latex gloves when working on the MGA and MGTD (obligatory LBC
>content).  It keeps all that grease out of your fingernails to begin
>with.  It also prevents getting toxic stuff like paint, solvents, oil,
>etc. on your skin.  They are also useful for keeping the oil in your
>fingers off bare metal that you are about to paint.

You forgot to mention that when they get little holes in them they also
hold all this wonderful stuff close against the skin on your hands...
making it a semi-permanent "part of your MG soul" for weeks!

>Of course, some guys say they don't like them because they think it
>reduces their sensitivity, but I don't think they lessen my enjoyment of
>the mechanical experience.  ;-)

Well, IMO they are a nuisance. No spontaneity. "Oops....lookie...that nut
is about to fall into that intake...Grab it quick!! NOOO! Go get latex
gloves first....!"

>I think I paid less than $10 for a box of 100 from Harbor Freight.

If you visit friends in the hospital the gloves are even cheaper. Three
sizes right by the door on your way out...

Barefisted,

Carol

Oh... you didn't hear about the great generator war, and as to how the
radiator shaved my knuckles. Looks like my right hand was in a bar fight!
Left hand stayed home.