Re: how about a real V8!

To: mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu, DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: how about a real V8!
From: Teacher122@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 16:54:00 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-24 12:27:20 EDT, mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu writes:

<< peaking of stupid, has anyone thought about putting a Chevy 350 into a
MGB?  I have
 a spare '77 shell sitting around, and a good friend who is getting a new 350
for his
 truck.  Does anyone know the logistics on the 350?  I'd like to fit it into
the car,
 with an auto tranny, of course.  Any thoughts (Other than "admit yourself to
the
 mental ward now")?

 "That car would be so fast, it would be stupid."   - Jason, owner of a spare
chevy
 350 engine and tranny.

Mike,

At Dillard GA last year, Atlanta Import Auto Parts had a Chevy 4.3 L engine
in a B.  If you dont know, the 4.3 is really a 350 minus two cylinders. It
had room on the sides and top.  If I remember correctly, it even had room up
front for those two extra cylinders.  I can dig up the # if you want it.
Tom Green
1979 MGB