Re: Enlightening Flywheels

To: <dreinsch@tenet.edu>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Enlightening Flywheels
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 97 20:36:36 -0400
Hello??? DWADE REINSCH

>Larry Macy wrote:
>>
>> Hello??? Larry Dickstein
>>
>> >I could remember the tractor engine name that hit occasionally on one
>> >cylinder and had a multi ton flywheel.
>>
>> Gravely?
>

>Gravely built a walk-behind type "tractor" and mower, but you may be
>thinking of a "Poppin' Johnny" John Deere tractor.  They were all two
>cylinder.  The power strokes were NOT 180 degrees a apart.  They were
>about 100 degrees about so at idle you could hear that they were running
>"pop, pop, pause, pop, pop, pause."
>
>see, we OF's are good for something: Telling totally useless stories
>about ancient history.
>
>LBC content:  I think the timing mark on my B is in the wrong place.  It
>only runs when it's set at about 40 degrees before TDC.
>
>Dwade
I used to work for a Waukesha engine distributor. They make a 16 cylinder
engine that is 9390 cu in. Yes Cu inches. Each cylinder has an individual
4valve head that weighs about 175lbs. They use a four cylinder engine of
about 1200 L (90 something cubic inches) as a starter motor. Sheesh.
How would an LBC That's LARGE BC run with that type motor.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
Desktop System Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section