Re: Picklestein-Clutched in fear or simply clutched!

To: Teacher122@aol.com
Subject: Re: Picklestein-Clutched in fear or simply clutched!
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 21:18:20 EDT
        If you  set up the clutch and pressure plate w/ an alignment
tool, of some sort, the engine and transmission should fall together.
I've never had to clamp stuff together- an occasional tap w/ a rubber
mallet but no heavy stuff.  I'd guess the clutch disc is:
a-not aligned properly
b-in backwards (yes, there is a front and a back)  or
c-the shaft is binding in the pilot bushing due to dryness or wrong sized
bushing.  If it got turned sideways, it would exhibit these symptoms.  I
have done all of the above, incidentally.

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com

"If you're stupid, you'll have to pay for it"

On Mon, 6 Oct 1997 19:37:59 -0400 (EDT) Teacher122@aol.com writes:
>    The clutch problem continues to haunt Picklestein-   Either I messed
something up when I replaced all of the trans gaskets or when I attached
the engine to the transmission I put