Re: Possibly have found car

To: bruset@monmouth.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Possibly have found car
From: Dwgwater1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 18:11:27 -0400 (EDT)
Sorry to hear the car wasn't what you thought it was.  I think I spent a year
looking for the car which is now "my" 1970 Midget.  Must a have looked at 20
B's and was really amazed at what people did to them as far as botched
(bodged?) repair work and "field engineering"  And this was in LA where rust
wasn't a big problem and 9-10 years ago when the cars were "newer".  I ended
up finding someone who bought the car new, knew enough not to drive it when
it was broken and paid someone to fix it because he knew he didn't have a
clue.  ( he went through 4 clutches in about 65k miles)  My advice is to take
your time, really get to know the market and then, once you know a good car
from a bad one and what a good one is worth, don't hesitate when you find a
good one, because the good one's don't sit unsold for long

dave groundwater