RE: Possibly have found car

To: "David Stecher" <DavidAndMichelleS@classic.msn.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Possibly have found car
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 15:08:36 -0400
>Slow down.  We have all been bitten by the MG bug more thatn once.  I've
been
>following your excitement and I have only this advice.

I brought my mechanic to look at the car today. I have now seen the car in
broad daylight:

Running on 3 cylinders
Only one electric fan up front, doesn't work
Most of the lower parts of the body are bondo
Horrible paint job - primer showing in several places
OD selector is missing
Crappy interior
Missing door trim pieces
Speedometer doesn't work

>If THIS is the car that you want....buy it.  BUT please find out as much as
>you can going in.  You say you're broke but you might be buying a $1400 car
>that you are going to put $2000 into right away.  $3400 would buy a pretty
>good MGB.  Just remember that there will always be more cars.  Being fall
>there arn't many ads in the paper.  Next spring there will be more...many
>more.  Think about it.

Well, I just (stupidly) paid $45 to put my Mercury in the paper, so I might
as well sell it. I'll probably pick up a beater car to last me a while
until I find the B. I'm also going to call on one in the paper for $2500,
as well as pick up a copy of Hemmings.

BEN RUSET - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
"Up the airy mountain,
 Down the rushy glen,