Re: Insurance Companies

To: AdrianJones@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Insurance Companies
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 22:13:46 -0500
On Sat, 18 Oct 1997 21:28:59 -0400 Adrian Jones
<AdrianJones@compuserve.com> writes:
>Bob,
>        I'll mention Small Claims Court to the guy on Monday.  Thanks
>for=
>
>the suggestion!
>Regards,   Adrian
>
>Message text written by ROBERT G. HOWARD
>>If you take their sleazy settlement, does that preclude your going to
>small claims court for the difference, taking action against the
>driver?<=

Before you get too excited, ring up a lawyer friend.  He'll likely tell
you that, yes, if you accept their settlement, you cannot sue the driver.
 You only get one bite at the apple.  Either you refuse the settlement
and sue the driver, or you accept the settlement.  You can't do both.
I'm no attorney, but I've been exposed to the workings of the law, and
this is the way I've seen it work.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX