Re: Carb Question

To: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Carb Question
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 09:10:06 -0700

----------
> From: A. B. Bonds <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
> To: mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Carb Question
> Date: Wednesday, October 22, 1997 6:42 AM

(SNIP)
> If the throttle shafts are worn on your carbs, the carbs must be
> rebushed and the shafts replaced.  This is a precision operation that
> shouldn't be done in your basement.  Apple Hydraulics will do this for
> $50 per carb, which is reasonable.

Observant listers may have noted that I'm the chap who made the SU rebuild
Video that Moss sells. I can re-bush and re-shaft SU bodies for $35 each,
using bronze bushes. (My recommendation is to avoid teflon bushes; we've
seen several cases where they've either come loose in the bodies or caused
the shafts to bind.) I also offer a complete rebuilding service for SU or
Z-S carbs. (See www.britcars.com for details).

Yes, this is an unabashed commercial plug but - in keeping with recent
posts - it is presented because so many listers seem to have problems with
their carburetors and the majority opinion seemed to agree that
knowledgeable sources of help should be promoted...........:-)

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center