Re: Carb Question

To: Lawrie Alexander <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Re: Carb Question
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 18:10:57 -0400 (EDT)
        Lawrie why is it so expensive to rebuild carbs? Short of having
to rebush the shafts the parts can't cost much at all. Apple charges $315
for a pair of SU's which is about what they charge for a cylinder head.
How
long does the job take? It seems the last time I did it (many years ago)
it only took a few hours and that included reading the instructions. The
Zenith seems to be a bit more complicated but only because of the
automatic choke.
...Art