Re: AA and RAC Badges, SU Choke setup

To: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Subject: Re: AA and RAC Badges, SU Choke setup
From: rnjbailey@gen-x.net (Roger Bailey)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 16:58:11 -0800
Skip Kelsey wrote:

> Nory:
>
> AA is is the american automobile association. RAC is the royal auto club.
>
> Skip............At 12:14 AM 10/26/97 -0400, Nory wrote:
> >Hey guys,
> >I know I'm probably gonna sound stupid here, but what exactly is "AA"
> >and "RAC"?  I, for some reason, don't think you're talking about
> >Alcoholics Anonymous and Royal Air Corps, are you?
> >
> >-NORY
> >Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
> >ONLY problem.
> >
> > '74 Midget & '71 parts car
> > '94 Ford Ranger
> > '86 Ford Escort
> > '89 Ford Probe
> > '96 North American Shepherd
> >http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9101

Sorry Gentlemen! The auto clubs issuing those badges I'm looking for are
the Automobile Association (of the UK) and the Royal Automobile Club.
Both have been offering roadside assistance, maps, rating guest houses
and hotels, and so on, for decades. As late as the 60's, each of them
had phone boxes in "lay-bys" (rest areas) and at strategic motoring
junctions, and frequently used motorcycle side-car combinations to
travel around. On seeing your members badge, the uniformed individuals
would issue a smart military-style salute. As cars have become more
reliable, that particular aspect of the clubs seems to have faded, but I
believe both organizations still exist. Roger