Re: OD engagement light

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: OD engagement light
From: Tom McLaughlin <tomm@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 14:55:50 -0600
When I was fixing my overdrive, I bypassed this switch also.  The overdrive
was not working for about 6 months and I got into the habit (very bad) of
flipping the switch back and forth when I drove.  I almost did this after I
fixed the overdrive unit with the lockout switch bypassed.  I turned
around, went home and unbypassed the switch.

On the same subject, my overdrive gets stuck in sometimes now.  I have to
disengage the switch and give it gas a couple times before it falls out.  I
am afraid that one of these times it will not and I will damage the
overdrive when in 1st.

I believe the soleniod plunger is just getting stuck up.  I did not,
mistake, replace the o-rings when I had it out.  Moss wants $154.00 for the
whole assembly.  I'm not sure if it is the o-rings, plunger or the soleniod.

Having said that, it works most of the time so I'll probably leave it alone
for now.???

Tom
77B

<301478D07C83D011807200805F50195701EE3553@red-20-msg.dns.microsoft.com>,