RE: OD engagement light

To: "'mg'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: OD engagement light
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 16:51:00 -0800 (PST)
What ever. Thank you for feeling the need to take our private discussion
public. I don't know why you would take a personal email I sent you and
reply cc ing it to the list. I would think you should ask permission first.

Since, as you may recall, all mail I recieve from the list shows mgs-owner
as the sender, unless people sign their email I cannot tell who wrote what.
I thought we were talking about someone elses car here who it turns out
installed the light to alert him if the wires fell off hisod. This was
installed before his switch went. It appears that a whole bunch of people
have taken some part of my post very personally and assumed the whole
message was about them or their car. I have attempted to clear this up
individually but I will now post part of one of my responses below. This is
the end for me. I will no clutter the list with anymore on this topic. You
may email me privately but if I should reply, please do not repost it to the
list.
*
My reply was to deal with the misconception that the od is not worth the
aggravation, that there are all of these special things you have to do to
prevent damaging it. This notion was base primarily on the discussion
spawned by your post and others regarding the problems you and others have
had.  Since I cannot see who the message poster is due to my email which
shows mgs-owner as the sender, I can honestly say that I had no idea who was
saying what unless they signed the message. I did not mean to pick you out
as the object of my email so when you read "Someone" I don't necessarily
mean you. I'm talking about DPO and their line of reasoning. There are
plently of people on the list that do hack work on their B. I did not mean
to imply that you specifically were hacking your car, just that the problems
that were being sighted as reasons not to get an od were the result of
hacking and have nothing to do with normal opperation of an unhacked od
tranny.
*
Chris Reichle
creichle@nsc.msmail.miami.edu