Re: Going to and fro...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Going to and fro...
From: Teacher122@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 18:32:03 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-10-30 11:07:44 EST, macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
writes:

<< What did you ask U-Haul for? A flatbed trailer? What condition are the
 tires in? I rented an two wheel dolly to tow the Midget for AR to PA and
 it worked great. Remember to pull the drive line from the diff so the
 tranny don't turn. Or on a B you might be able to put the ass end on the
 trailer and pull on the front wheels.

 Good Luck

 Larry Macy

Ditto!  Larry is correct.  Put the two best tires on the rear, unhook the
driveshaft, and put the front wheels on the tow dolly.  I pulled mine over
600 miles this way behind my S-10 without any problems.  The straps over the
wheels will loosen up, so be sure to check them after the first 10 miles and
then again at about 50 miles.  Good luck!
Tom Green

p.s. If the car is not running, you'll need a come-along to put the car onto
the dolly.