Re: Going to and fro...

To: Nory@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Going to and fro...
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 09:03:14 EST
In a RWD car, the transmission can be damaged from towing as the
transmission may not lubricate as needed, but will still be turning.  If
the car is a FWD, then the AAA guy is OK by lifting the front, or drive
axle.  If it is a RWD, then he is either lazy, or the tow is short and it
will not hurt the car.  I think I just confused myself there.  It is best
to tow a vehicle w/ the drive axle in the air, if possible.  If not, then
a short time, short distance should not hurt the car.

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com
"You see, the big six was dead in the water from the outset (sorry if
that is  hard
to swallow)- but it is sadly true-it was an unloved ill breathing cast
iron lump evein if
it's heart was in the right place."          David Knowles on the MG C