Re: Going to and fro...

To: "Benjamin Ruset" <bruset@monmouth.com>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Going to and fro...
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 97 11:00:55 -0500
>Well, I'm still glowing from the purchase of my 78 B, but I have one small
>problem:
>
>I can't get it down by me!
>
>U-Haul has -nothing- in this area, and sounded pretty skeptical when I said
>that I was going to hitch the car to a Ford Ranger P/U. I'm considering
>paying a flatbed wrecker to get the car for me, but that's going to run me
>a lot of money (that I don't have - remember, I -am- a starving college
>student). I was hoping to get the car down by me by Saturday. The trip from
>where it is on Long Island to Long Branch, New Jersey is about 100 mi each
>way.
>
>What are my options at this point? Ideas?
>

>BEN RUSET - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
>78 MGB Roadster - 89 Mercury Cougar
>"If you gaze for a long time into an abyss,
> the abyss gazes also into you." - F.W. Nietzsche
What did you ask U-Haul for? A flatbed trailer? What condition are the
tires in? I rented an two wheel dolly to tow the Midget for AR to PA and
it worked great. Remember to pull the drive line from the diff so the
tranny don't turn. Or on a B you might be able to put the ass end on the
trailer and pull on the front wheels.

Good Luck

Larry Macy
78 Midget