Re: Switch removal/installation

To: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Switch removal/installation
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 15:57:06 +0000
Joseph Cianciotti wrote:

> How do you remove and install switches in metal dash MGBs without
> damaging the dash or the switch bezel?  I ordered a tool from Eastwood's
> and it's not the right size.  Moss doesn't have one. And I can't find
> them anywhere else. Any ideas of where to look or how to make do?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Joseph
> 67 Roadster
> (And many questions)

If this is the all-plastic switch (including the contacts, it sometimes
seems) then I remove the fresh air vents in the centre of the dash,
reach behind with one hand and use thumb and forefinger to squeeze in
the two little plastic lugs (that spring out behind the dash to hold the
switch in) at either the top or the bottom.  I use the finger nails of
my other hand to prise the switch forward and hold it there while my
first hand attempts to do the same thing at the other end of the switch,
usually causing the first end to pop back in again.  After a couple of
attempts it usually comes out.

PaulH.