Re: driving questions

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: driving questions
From: Peter Landy <plandy@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 15:01:01 -0800
Trevor Boicey wrote:

>   I'd be willing to bet that the thousands of extra revs would
> do a lot more wear from all that needless idling.

Under given circumstances I am sure your bet would win.  I knew my point
of view, on this topic, would pave the path for further elaboration.  To
mention some of the other variables to consider is the quality of the
oil and frequency of change.  Also, my advice only applies to cars which
are "smogged" to prevent unecessary environmental damage.  It all comes
down to who you ask.  For example, most truckers leave their trucks
running all day, while docking and undocking, until it's time to lock
up.  Some truckers sleep in their trucks while the engine runs - in any
kind of weather, cold or hot. So their engines run on for days, weeks or
more without turning off.

Peter Landy
'74 Bgt