Re: Bon ami and oil burning!!(Could be LBC}

To: pat bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Bon ami and oil burning!!(Could be LBC}
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 10:58:31 -0500
Hi Pat:

Yes the use of Bon Ami is an old trick used to seat rings.  Those old
Chevys used chrome rings which did cause no end of problems.  While the
intent was good, the execution was faulty.

One of my friends has a Laverda Mirage 1200 motorcycle.  For those who are
unaware, this is an exotic Italian bike which would compare in bike terms
to an Aston or a Ferrari.  He had much the same problem with failure of
chrome rings to seat.  He used a pinch of Bon Ami in each of the cylinders
with excellent results.

John McEwen