Re: Distributor

To: "EPMD- Van syckel, John" <vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil>,
Subject: Re: Distributor
From: Mike Hartwig <mhartwig@cbu.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 08:59:11 -0600
At 09:52 AM 12/17/97 +0100, EPMD- Van syckel, John wrote:
>Need a new distributor.  Would someone explain to this mechanically
>challanged individual what the advantages/disadvantages of a Mallory
>Dual Point vs a Ignitor Electronic Ignition.  Recommndations on which
>would be better.

Advantages to the Mallory:
hotter spark
adjustable advance curve
Disadvantages to the Mallory:
drive dog which is a bitch to put on
expensive parts which are harder to find
expensive unit

Ignitor Electronic Ignition:
I'm not sure about this unit
I don't like those aftermarket ignition units very much, but
I'm just superstitious

I recently purchased a hopped-up distributor from a company and I
will post the results.  My old 25D distributor was a piece of crap from the
day I took possession of the car, so this new distributor should
show a marked improvement.  I also like the better advance curve and I'll let
you guys know how it works out.

Jay