any ideas....

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: any ideas....
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 15:27:03 EST
Undoubtedly I am worthy of a flame here however I feel that enough
of you may be interested enough to answer so I will take the risk.
I was at a business Christmas party last night and an acquaintance
who knows of my interest in MGs put me on the spot -
He has a neighbour who owns a 1948 Tri**ph which is apparently in
very good condition, runs well, and in his words "is beautiful"
He did not know the model name and pointed out that it has
very sweeping lines and a rumbleseat in the back - one that opens up
in the boot.
It is a convertible and he also described it as bigger than an MGB.
Anything earlier than a TR3 and I have no clue what that marque was
doing.
The reason for the questions is that the neighbour is an elderly lady,
she
doesnt want the car anymore and it may well be for sale.
Now the questions:-
1)what model do you think it is?
2)what price bracket would a clean, runner fall into?

Thanks

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT