Re: any ideas....

To: miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: any ideas....
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 15:45:40 -0600
> He has a neighbour who owns a 1948 Tri**ph which is apparently in
> very good condition, runs well, and in his words "is beautiful"
> He did not know the model name and pointed out that it has
> very sweeping lines and a rumbleseat in the back - one that opens up
> in the boot.

I would guess a Triumph 1800 or 2000. They are roadsters, have very
beautiful flowing lines, are very stately looking, and make TDs seem fast.
It looks like a cross between Jag XK and TD.

The downside:

1) Really slow.
2) No sporting potential.
3) Parts are really rare.
4) They are pretty fragile.

Dunno the price range. Depends on where you are, how much you want it, and
how much the lady wants to get rid of it. I would assume no better than
the  TD range.

It is a neat looking car and I would definately go take a look if I was in
your situation.

Bob Allen, Kansas City