Re: any ideas....

To: miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: any ideas....
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 14:39:28 -0500
Hi Mike:

The car you have found is a Triumph 1800 or Triumph 2000, likely the
latter.  It is an extremely nifty looking two-seater with dickey seat.  It
uses a Vanguard engine - as did the original TR2-4s and Morgans of the
'50s.  The dickey seat is covered by a clamshell lid which splits
horizontally, with the upper half forming a double windshield. The lower
half turns down to form a backrest for the seat.  The double windshield is
always visible, but forms part of the lid when the seat is closed.  The
styling is continental '30s with full sweeping front fenders and separate
headlights framing a flat traditional grille.  It is a most desirable car
and is both rare and expensive.  Restoration would be challenging as I
imagine that body parts would be at a premium.  Mechanically, most TR stuff
may work.  Chassis parts might interchange with Vanguard but that isn't a
lot of help.  Even if you can't afford it, go look at it and take a camera.

John

PS:  Please let me know about the car.  I've only ever seen two and I'd
love to own one.