Re: any ideas....

To: miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: any ideas....
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 14:53:58 -0600
On Thu, 18 Dec 1997 15:27:03 EST miker15@juno.com writes:

<snip>

>Now the questions:-
>1)what model do you think it is?
>2)what price bracket would a clean, runner fall into?

1)  It is a Triumph 1800 or 2000.  Both models had the same body styles,
only different engines.   They are actually beautiful looking cars, but
were underpowered for their size and weight.  More of a tourer than a
sports car.  Neat thing was that the main rumbleseat panel flipped
forward.  It had two glass panels so it served as a windscreen for the
rumble seat passengers. There are few of these in the United States, I
believe.

2)  As usual, it is real difficult to set a price for a car without
knowing the exact condition, but I've seen cars such as you describe for
sale in the $11k - $12k range.  If the elderly lady has not kept the car
up and it is in solid, restorable condition, I would guess more like $5k
to $7k.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX