Re: MGB Clubs

To: danray@bluegrass.net
Subject: Re: MGB Clubs
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 10:41:54 EST
On Tue, 23 Dec 1997 20:08:05 -0600 DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
writes:
>Listers:
>Here's an innocent question which I hope doesn't stir up too much =
>controversy:
>Which club/register should I join? AMGBA, or NAMGBR? I've seen both of
>=
>the web pages, but I haven't seen the AMGBA magazine. They seem
>similar, =
>just wondering which one is MORE worth the $25-30 annual. Seems to me
>=
>spending that kinda money annually warrants some investigation.
>TIA
>Dan

Dan - IMHO this is a slam-dunk  - NAMGBR has the best magazine(the
driver)
by a very wide margin, the best support mechanisms (lists of service
centres
and members) the best annual fun-fests AND members who are both
good looking, courteous, friendly, and downright damn good fun!!!!
(the good looking part may be somewhat subjective however most members
have at least one eye ans several are of normal height and weight -
headgear
choices may be questionable)
There are certain caveats attached to going to events with NAMGBR members
but these you will have to learn for yourself!
David Deutsch is the membersip coordinator and he will doubtless
kick-yer-ed-in
if you dont join!!
BTW - well done in finding your car, it sounds like its a runner!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster