Re: MGB Covers

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB Covers
From: Bob MGT <BobMGT@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 23:37:17 EST

> You don't want a waterproof cover. If will hold the moisture in and discolor
> the
>  paint. Yes, the car doesn't keep the car dry, but it also won't ruin the
> paint.
>  I've found that if I have to leave the car out in a rainstorm, the cover
> keeps
>  enough rain off of the car to keep it from leaking even in the hardest rain
>  storms...

I'm using the cover in lieu of a garage on my daily driver (not long
term storage). If the forecast calls for rain, I just leave the cover on and
drive the wife's boring sedan. After a rain, I wait until the streets are dry
before I take the B out. Will this help preserve the car, or am I just
wasting my time? Has anybody tried this over a significant period of
time?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336