RE: MGB vs. TR7 as son's first car( Now in defense of RBBMGs

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: MGB vs. TR7 as son's first car( Now in defense of RBBMGs
From: Customer <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 20:58:37 -0800

Donald Scott wrote...I would not take a TR7or a rubber-bumper MGB unless =
it was a gift.=20
What!! I have a 79 Rubber bumper B that has been a great car I have put =
over 30,000 miles on it since I bought it 3 1/2 years ago all pleasure =
driving and haven't had half the problems I've been reading about from =
the "classic" B owners,and it hasn't been restore it is all original. I =
am getting sick and tired of all this maligning of rubber Bs they are =
evry bit as good as the older ones if you do a little work to them and =
they cost a lot less simply because of attitudes like this.You can get a =
good rubber B for a couple of thousand bucks but will pay twice that for =
a "classic 71"The stromberg carb isn't as hard to keep in tune as twin =
SUs,It will be newer and should have less rust,lower milage won't have =
been "restored"by some idiot.
My advice is if you find a good solid example of a rubber B get it!Go =
get the Jan issue of Thoroughbred and classic cars magazine the lead =
story is MGB
Why the smart money's back on rubber bumpers.So in closing don't shy =
away from a later B though I would get a 78 or 79 because they have the =
rear anti roll bar you will get more car for the money.
Pat